cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manomatt
Level 8

suite unable to expand [ProgramFilesFolder]

Hi,

I am using suite installation. In it i am having one msi which is built in visual studio and it will have the default directory set from TARGETDIR and not INSTALLDIR and in the suite if TARGETDIR is set to some formatted text such as [ProgramFilesFolder] it wont expand. Its giving error unable to locate [ProgramFilesFolder]

Please let me know why this is suite unable to expand [ProgramFilesFolder] here
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Can you clarify what you've attempted here? I would expect specifying an install operation's command line to include something like TARGETDIR="[ProgramFilesFolder]Company\App" or even TARGETDIR="[ISInstallDir_PackageName]" to work. A debuglog should help clarify. Correspondingly, I would expect trying to put that in your MSI package to fail, and I'm not sure which you might have tried.

The one trick here is if you use the second construct with a default value, then the property needs an attribute on it: FormatPropertyValue="yes". This setting is not available in the IDE, but you can add it in the project .xml file. It is set by default if you use the User Interface Wizard.
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

i am specifying the install's command line to TARGETDIR="[ISInstallDir_Setup]"
and i am was getting the error Could not access network location [ProgramFileFolder] (see the attachment)

The value is set in the PropertyManager for ISInstallDir_Setup to [ProgramFileFolder]

I had added the attribute FormatPropertyValue="yes" to the property tag (by defalut is was not there and i was using the user interface wizard, Predefined task page - Browse for installation folder, to create a destination folder dialog) it got working.

Thank you
0 Kudos
saikris72
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
Can you clarify what you've attempted here? I would expect specifying an install operation's command line to include something like TARGETDIR="[ProgramFilesFolder]Company\App" or even TARGETDIR="[ISInstallDir_PackageName]" to work. A debuglog should help clarify. Correspondingly, I would expect trying to put that in your MSI package to fail, and I'm not sure which you might have tried.

The one trick here is if you use the second construct with a default value, then the property needs an attribute on it: FormatPropertyValue="yes". This setting is not available in the IDE, but you can add it in the project .xml file. It is set by default if you use the User Interface Wizard.

Thanks Michel !!! This was really helpfull !!
0 Kudos