cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hvs12345
Level 3

running installshield seup under nt authority\system account gives an error

I've an Outlook Add-iin which I'm build using Visual Studio 2013 and then packaged using Install Shield Limited Edition for VS 2013. When I deploy it using Local Administrator, it deploys fine. But using nt authority\system account, it gives an error:

"This installation could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that it is valid Windows Installer Package".

I would appreciate any help on resolving this.
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
vibhor512
Level 2

Really sorry to ask a question here, how do I strat a new Thread . I am New to this Forum..

Thanks
0 Kudos
hvs12345
Level 3

Can anyone please help me out with this error ? thanks!
0 Kudos
hvs12345
Level 3

I've an Outlook Add-iin which I'm build using Visual Studio 2013 and then packaged using Install Shield Limited Edition for VS 2013. When I deploy it using Local Administrator, it deploys fine. But using nt authority\system account, it gives an error:

"This installation could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that it is valid Windows Installer Package".

I would appreciate any help on resolving this.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Can you provide a verbose install log?
The extracted location and the expected location for the MSI might be different.
0 Kudos
hvs12345
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Can you provide a verbose install log?
The extracted location and the expected location for the MSI might be different.

Actually, the installation works correctly with a local admin account, the problem is only with a System account.
Also I'm not sure how to set up the verbose install log.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

When you are on an admin account, the setup files get extracted to the per user local temp location. I think for a system account, the local temp is under C:\Windows.
This at least my guess from the description. The verbose log will tell us more.
You can create a verbose log by registry or command line.

Registry:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

Command line:
https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/HOWTO/Q104807
0 Kudos
jcoone
Level 6

is the installation package on the local machine?

The System account generally will not be able to access a network location for the installer.
0 Kudos