cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnBrent
Level 5

removed dialog still appears

i have a custom dialog that has a few edit fields in which i enter data to be added via the XML CHANGE wizard

i added a dummy field which i populated with some debug values i could read during testing of the installation

when i was happy with the package, i removed the dummy field --- but when i rebuilt the installation, the dummy field was still appearing in the dialog

after much frustration, i removed the entire dialog so that i could rebuild it from scratch --- but the dialog still appears in the rebuilt installation

what table(s) are corrupted & is it possible to UNcorrupt my installation -- or do i need to start over from scratch?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Shuttledude
Level 7

You have probably already done this, but make sure the custom dialog has been removed from the user interface sequence: Behavior and Logic / Custom Actions and Sequences / Sequences / Installation / User Interface / expand the "Install Welcome" dialog block. Select the dialog immediately preceeding your custom dialog, right-click it, "Edit Behavior", select the "Next" pushbutton in the list of controls, and for the NewDialog event select in the Argument field, use the drop-down combo box to select which dialog should come next (i.e., skip over your custom dialog by *not* selecting it in the drop-down combo box).

You can remove it from the list of dialogs by Additional Tools / Direct Editor / expand "Tables" and click on Dialog. Click on your custom dialog in the table, remove it by clicking the "X" icon in the toolbar at the top of the window containing the list of dialogs.
0 Kudos
JohnBrent
Level 5

thanks - yeah, i did that stuff - i looked in the list of dialogs with the direct editor, but it wasnt there - for all i could see, i had erased all mention of it from my project

BUT when i built it, the log showed that the dialog was still being built - and sure enough, when i ran the installation, it was still presented

so i gave up & started from scratch

the end
0 Kudos