cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelter
Level 10

registry value not getting to registry

One registry value is not making it to the registry during installation. I checked the log under "InstallValidate" to confirm that the associated component is being installed. I also checked under "WriteRegistryValues" and confirmed that the appropriate key was being opened with "RegOpenKey" and that the proper value was being passed in "RegAddValue". There are no errors reported.

I can't even think of where to look next for an explanation. Can anybody suggest something i may be missing here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
praveendanam
Level 5

In vista if the application is not digitally signed the registry entries will go to different location.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

The package is signed, and i'm on XP...but thanks for getting the ball rolling. 🙂

On that note: i've never observed the behavior you indicated. any idea where stuff might end up ?
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

😮
Okay, okay... I've discovered an ID 10 T error on my part. I'd still like to give Praveen some credit, as although his suggestion wasn't the exact issue, it led me in the right direction. 🙂
0 Kudos