cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sedulous
Level 2

"Error Adding Visual Basic 6 Runtime Object"

The error message in the title pops up after I've told it to use the VB6 wizard, selected the vbp file, selected all the scanned dependency files and then hit next.

I have no clue what this means, have searched this board and other places and not found an answer yet. Install Shield 2012 Spring. Win 7, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit. A fairly simple VB6 program. If there's an error file, I don't know where that is, either.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to fix this kind of cryptic error (to me, at least)? Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Sedulous
Level 2

Sedulous wrote:
The error message in the title pops up after I've told it to use the VB6 wizard, selected the vbp file, selected all the scanned dependency files and then hit next.

I have no clue what this means, have searched this board and other places and not found an answer yet. Install Shield 2012 Spring. Win 7, Enterprise Edition, 32-bit. A fairly simple VB6 program. If there's an error file, I don't know where that is, either.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to fix this kind of cryptic error (to me, at least)? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------
Not optimal, but since the VB6 IDE will collect all the necessary files and use it's own setup command to install the software, maybe I'll use InstallShield as a really expensive WinZip program to create a self-extracting executable.
0 Kudos