Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehrsp
Level 3

prerequisites and Progress bar Problem

hi ,

i try to create setup file for my application by Installshield

and for prerequisites i need .net 3.5 ,.net 4, sql server express 2008 sp1(silent install)

Although i can use the exe of them, the problem is :

i want to have Progress Bar for my prerequisites and in installshield only by raw msi file i can have progress bar...

please help me solve this:(

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
deramor
Level 6

I believe that Microsoft allows nearly all their exe installers to accept MSI command line arguments. You could do a /? on the exe's themselves on the command line to see what arguments they accept.

I usually do /qb! which will display a progress bar window only and will grey out the cancel button on the window (that's what the ! does). In the editor for the prerequisite, you can specify arguments to pass to the program. This is where your /qb! would go. You should also add the supressreboot as well since you want installshiled to look at the return code and reboot for you rather than having the child prerequisite software perform the reboot. If the child reboots the PC, then your installation most likely will not start again following the reboot. This would be a customer headache.
0 Kudos
Pallavi_Agrawal
Level 4

😮
Hi..

I think you are installing prerequisites at the start up of your application..
I am also doing the same in my application. I installing them in silent mode using the "/s" command line argument.

Now the problem which i face is, while user is installing the application in his/her machine then first prerequisite dialog will come to the screen. Now whenever he/she will press "Install" button in that dialog then prerequisites will get installed in silent mode.

But suppose now user press "cancel" button to exit the setup then also prerequisite is continue installation.

Do you have any idea how to prevent this thing..?

Thank you.:) 🙂
0 Kudos