cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

please help me out - regarding uninstallation

Hi,
i am upgrading a project from IS12 to IS2009. everything is fine, but i am unable to uninstall in first attempt. only hardcoded uninstallation is working.

i feel FeatureRemoveAll() is having some problem. when i uninstall using setup.exe /verbose"c:\temp.log" or in debug mode it is working fine.

please anyone of you help me out. i stuck with this from last 3-4 days.... no one replayed to my last 3 posts.........:(

let me know if u need any other information...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MGarrett
Level 6

The reason you don't have a response is that there is not really enough information here to know what is happening. When you say the uninstall doesn't work, what exactly happens? Does it crash, stop partway through, or just not remove the files? Is there an error message? What does the log say? Are you using some custom script code for the uninstaller?
With a little more info, maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can help you out.
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. 🙂

After selecting 'remove', installer shows 'setup status' dialog box (with no change in progress bar) and it shows final screen as success.

Success, but its not uninstalling. Only 'custom script code uninstallation' is working. No error messages...

Note: If I run the uninstallation using debug mode or /verbose mode, uninstallation is working properly.
0 Kudos