cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

no response

I haven't gotten any response to my post title "Status not showing up". 😞 I still haven't solved that problem so I'd love any idea to try.

Thanks!
:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
wolverine
Level 4

Hi

Try using all these functions below,

// setup default status
Enable(STATUSEX);
Enable(STATUS);

// Set the limit of the progress bar to 99% completion.
StatusUpdate (ON, 99);

// Display a message; do not change the progress bar.
SetStatusWindow (-1, "copying Files ...");

Delay(2);
DoFunction1();
SetStatusWindow (20, "Doing Things1 .");

DoFunction2();
SetStatusWindow (50, "Doing Things2 .");
Delay (2);

// Display a message; do not change the progress bar.
SetStatusWindow (-1, "Copying completed, ..");

Delay (3);

// Set the progress bar to 100% and displays a message.
SetStatusWindow (100, "Copying completed, ...");

Delay (3);
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Thank you so much for responding... I added your suggestions to the script. I did have a window appear for a second that had a status bar on it and my text "copying files..." but it was replaced with the dialog already in my project, the one with the install button on it. What I need to do where you have "DoFunction1()" is to call the dialog SdStartCopy2. This is the dialog that has the install button and will not display a status bar. It still appears that dialog is just sitting there until the Finish dialog appears.

Any other ideas? THANKS!!!
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

I created another simple InstallScript MSI project to see if the dialog with the install button would display a status bar. It does not. I have copied a setup.rul file from an InstallScript project into my InstallScript MSI project. There must be something different (duh) about the InstallScript MSI project and it dialogs. Maybe I should be using a CA to display the dialog that gives a status as files are being copied? This is my first InstallScript MSI project so I'm at a loss at where to look.

thanks again for any help you can give me. :confused:
0 Kudos
wolverine
Level 4

can you explain the things you are doing by calling function say
Dosomething1();

You can use the lines of code below on every action even inside called functions

function Dosomething1()
begin

SetStatusWindow (20, "start Dosomething1.");
Delay(3);

// you write every single line some progress
SetStatusWindow (40, "doing Dosomething1.");
Delay(3);

//Copy files......
SetStatusWindow (60, "Leaving Dosomething1.");
Delay(3);
end;

In above code dont forget to insert Delay() after
SetStatusWindow(int,"String");;
Will Display user something process......

May this help you.
Thanks
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Hi! Thank you for continuing to help me with this. 🙂

Where you have DoFunction1() I have a function that is automatically inserted into an InstallScript project (within the OnFirstUIBefore() function), which I copied into an InstallScript MSP Project.

I'm not exactly sure what some of the functions in the OnFirstUIBefore() function are doing (they are included when I create an InstallScript project with user interface interaction). I copied this from an InstallScript project into an InstallScript MSI project (which I don't know much about).

Here is the code at the end of the OnFirstUIBefore() function where I added your suggestions:

Dlg_ObjDialogs:
nResult = ShowObjWizardPages(nResult); //I don't know what this does
if(nResult = BACK) goto Dlg_SQL; // previous function

Dlg_SdStartCopy2:
Enable(STATUSEX);
Enable(STATUS);
StatusUpdate(ON, 99);
SetStatusWindow(-1, "Copying files...");
Delay(2);

nResult = SdStartCopy2("Copying Aware Files", "");

return 0;

end;

THe above code did not work. This a.m. I removed the nResult = SdStartCopy2("Copying Aware Files", ""); line of code and it WORKED - SORT OF! I am attaching a picture of the dialog that appeared. This is what I want to show...a dialog with a setup progress bar. BUT, how can I get a value into %p? I assume that should be my product name. I've looked everywhere I think the product name should be and it is there. Where does this dialog come from? I assume it somehow appears because of the Sequences? i can just get a value in %p I'd be happy though I'd like to know exactly what is happening here. How InstallShield goes from executing InstallScript code to executing Sequences.

THANK YOU! (hope I didn't put too much info in here)
0 Kudos
wolverine
Level 4

Sorry for delayed respnse I didn’t find time to look into...
The %P is project name under General Information ->Product properties-> Name. Check if you set the name here.
Can you just create the sample install script msi project without importing anything just setting properties under Installation Information? It will check if %P is showing Product name on dialog where it copies files.

About sdStartCopy() is dialog to show user the information you have collected from user. You can check it under Dialogs section. The Dialog used to show User name, Installation Location, Database, and every information you asked user to provide about sustem. It’s like asking for confirmation and he shall edit it if he wants.

Thanks
0 Kudos