cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakt13
Level 2

java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed

Hi,
I am working on an installer migrated from ISMP 5.03 to 11.5SP1 (5.x compatibility mode).
On solaris, just before one custom panel starts, the exception from the title appears, than the panel is just skipped. If the panel is deactivated, exception does not occur.
The other custom panels that differs not very much from that one, work ok.
Interestingly the error appears only when last IBM JRE SR6 and SR7 are used. When run with some one year old IBM JRE as well as SUN JRE the installer does not exhibit problems.

Any help is appreciated!

Here is the exception:
(Feb 5, 2007 7:40:02 AM), install, com.installshield.wizard.swing.SwingWizardUI, err, java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.ensureOpen(ZipFile.java:399)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:144)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:202)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getJarEntry(JarFile.java:189)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:671)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(URLClassPath.java:160)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:191)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
at com.installshield.wizard.WizardPanel.getWizardPanelImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.swing.SwingWizardUI.isDisplayablePanel(SwingWizardUI.java:710)
at com.installshield.wizard.awt.AWTWizardUI.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.swing.SwingWizardUI.currentBeanChanged(SwingWizardUI.java:789)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1822)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
npilling_corda
Level 2

I have a very similar problem:

An error occurred during wizard bean change notification:
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.ensureOpen(ZipFile.java:518)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:251)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:204)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getJarEntry(JarFile.java:187)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:674)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(URLClassPath.java:161)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:192)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
at com.corda.is.wizard.InstallKeyAction.writeCenterViewKey(Unknown Source)
at com.corda.is.wizard.InstallKeyAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Unknown Source)

I reported the problem in early November 2006. Here is the reponse I recieved:

>I really thank you for your concern about this issue.
>
>This problem has been reproduced and determined to be an issue in our >software. This issue has been submitted to our Engineering team as Issue >#IOC-000052899. Currently, there is no workaround.
>
>Our Engineering team is investigating this issue, but at this moment, there is >no estimated time frame for when it will be fixed. You can track the status >of this issue by checking product release notes or searching our Knowledge >Base through eService.
>
>I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any additional >questions or concerns regarding this support incident, please do not >hesitate to contact me.

I have recieved no other communication since then. It seems to me that they're either taking their time to get it right, or they have no interest in fixing this problem. I hope it's the former.
0 Kudos
Jakt13
Level 2

Thank you for answer. It confirms that the problem is not just one case event. I use the latest ISMP 11.5 SP1, it means peaople from Macrovision have not resolved problem - will contact them.

btw. The issue did not appear for IBM JRE 1.5.x and prior to 1.4.2_05.
0 Kudos
sjjs84
Level 5

One thing that will cause that error to be thrown is if you use global persisted or local persisted variables in your 11.5SP1 project. I believe that's a bug.

You can try rebuiliding your project in 11.5 instead of 11.5SP1
0 Kudos
bhaktavatsalam
Level 2

The same issue I am facing on Win X64 platform with Sun jre 1.5.11. It was not happening when I build with ISMP 11.5 but consistantly happening on 11.5sp1. In both cases I used same jre. It is a problem with SP1 not with jre. Hope this bug will be fixed soon.
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

I have been using global persisted variables for a long time and never encountered this issue from using them.

The only time I have encountered this was when I had to bundle custom jar files for use in the uninstaller. The uninstaller bundles it's jar files much differently then the installer. The installer keeps each jar file intact and builds a proper classpath at runtime but the uninstaller (at build time) extracts the contents of each jar file and puts them all into a single archive (bad bad bad) and as a result, the manifest file gets lost in this process, which seems to cause this issue. It can also corrupt classes that happen to have the same classname.

Once I statically linked the jar files to the uninstaller classpath instead of bundling them at build time, this issue went away.

I am not sure if that it related to the issues you are having but I thought I would post this info here anyway, just in case.
0 Kudos