cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
attila_farkas
Level 3

iscmdbuild remote

Greetings!

Our release system works in this way: the whole release procedure is done on one machine except for the installer packaging which has to be called remotely.
But it gives the following message: ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.<product> - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
If i log into the machine where the licensed installshield is, i can run it manually with no problem. but when i try to run it remotely it gives the error message above.
I hope you can help me in this matter.

Best regards,
Gabriel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Its likely that this is a node locked license - meaning it is designed to be used by one user on one machine.

If you want to build your project on a different machine via a command line then you should install Installshield Standalone Build - which you can download from your online support account in the Product and License Centre.

0 Kudos

what i found so far is that we have 1 license available. which means we can only use the one on that computer.

And it has to stay there. But whats weird is, that im invoking a command on that machine so therefore it should be working.

I downloaded the standalone build but it requires a license which is already put on that machine we use right now manually for making installer packages.

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

You should be able to activate the StandAlone Build using the same license that you are using for the full IDE version. 

If I remember correctly Installshield will allow you to install and activate upto 5 Standalone builds licenses using your serial number.

0 Kudos

@shunt,

5 SAB licenses if you have Premier

1 SAB license if you have Professional

0 Kudos

well from the 2018 we have

InstallShield 2018 standalone build license perpetual license

installshield 2018 perpetua license

and from the 2011 (which we still need) we have

InstallShield 2011 standalone build node-locked license

my problem is that during installation it wants a license file. but what i can find on the websites are code or generated codes for both.

0 Kudos