cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnLewis
Level 2

iscmdbld not recognized as an internal or external command

Jump to solution

I am trying to use the iscmdbld to build my projects with a batch file.  When I run the command i get iscmdbld is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I tried copying the iscmdbld into the system 32 folder and it no longer has this error but it doesn't build my install.

(Installshiled 11.5 Professional, using on a VM Windows XP)

any suggestions?

Update:  I'm trying to figure out what files need to be added to the System32 folder in order for this to work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Have you tried putting the C:\Program FIles\InstallShield\...\System folder in the system path environment variable?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Have you tried putting the C:\Program FIles\InstallShield\...\System folder in the system path environment variable?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did set path to "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\System" as you mentioned here. But I am still not able to execute the command "ISCmdBld.exe -p ....." using azure pipeline. However it works when I do it on server itself. Can you guide me here?

I am getting following error: 

The term 'ISCmdBld.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
0 Kudos