cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Campbell
Level 2

internal build error -6213 when adding .NET components

Has anyone encountered this error? I can add native dlls to the Files view and the setup compiles fine, but as soon as I add a .NET assembly I get an internal build error.

So far, searching the support site has not been fruitful. I found a reference to this error occurring in version 10.5, and there is a patch available for that version, but so far haven't seen this issue documented for 2008 Professional.

The workaround in 10.5 is to disable .NET dependency scanning, but this workaround doesn't seem to be applicable to 2008.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Kevin_Hodgson
Level 5

I was having the same problem, and had to change the ".NET Scan at Build" property of each of my .NET Components to Properties only from the Default "Dependencies and Properties"

Bill Campbell wrote:
Has anyone encountered this error? I can add native dlls to the Files view and the setup compiles fine, but as soon as I add a .NET assembly I get an internal build error.

So far, searching the support site has not been fruitful. I found a reference to this error occurring in version 10.5, and there is a patch available for that version, but so far haven't seen this issue documented for 2008 Professional.

The workaround in 10.5 is to disable .NET dependency scanning, but this workaround doesn't seem to be applicable to 2008.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
0 Kudos
Bill_Campbell
Level 2

Thanks,

Kevin, I guess changing the global setitng only applies the default to newly added components. Makes sense.

Bill
0 Kudos