cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FEHODGSON
Level 3

installshield express 2020 silent mode

Does anyone know how to get the installshield express 2020 to run in silent mode without the welcome screen? /s /v/qn does not work and keeps showing the welcome screen. Can not find a way to deselect this screen in the dialogs setup panel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi FEHODGSON,

You can try using silent command, and see it works

installshieldexpress 2020.exe /silent

0 Kudos

I tried that but it somehow keeps showing the welcome screen

Get Outlook for iOS
0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Could you please confirm are you trying to install installshieldexpress2020.exe in silent mode or else trying to install the project setup.exe created using installshield express version .
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to install the setup of my project that was created with installshield 2020

Get Outlook for iOS
0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Okay, for the setup file created with express you can try the below command, please try this and let us know it works or not.

setup.exe" /s /v"/qn"
0 Kudos

I tried your switches with the double quotes but that does not run . What runs is setup.exe /s/v"/qn" and also without any quotes but the welcome screen still shows up. Maybe there is another setting in the project itself that I am missing. I have also tried to deselect the welcome screen but it is grayed out and can not deselect it ( See attached )

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi FEHODGSON,

You need give some space between setup.exe /s /v"/qn"

Just copy paste the same copy and try, Please refer the screenshot

If you still face the same issue, then try to build the same project i have attached and then try to install it with same command and see it works or not.

Rename My Project Name-1.txt to My Project Name-1.ise.

Regards,

Vijay.A

0 Kudos