cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopheOce
Level 7

installed dotnet2.0 ?!

Hi,

I have a basic msi and i want to install dotnet 2.0 if there isn't present on the target machine !

for this, i've did a system search who looks on the registry after a key under :
hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727\Install

i place the result in the property all works perfectly.

Now i've create a custom action => new exe store in binary table

i've selected the .exe dotnet for file
parameter command line : /q:a /c:"install /q" => (i've foundd on internet)
asychrone waits for exit code
deferred execution in system context

after installinitialize
condition Not MySystemSearch

And when i execute my setup the application is well installed but on the add remove program nothing appears about the dotnet 2.0 !?

I'd like to install net framework dotnet 2.0 and see it on the add remove program ?! is it possible?

Thanks
Christophe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jcpohusk
Level 4

You can do all of the checking and installing of dotnet 2.0 (dotnetfx.exe) with a prerequisite. No need for system search, binary table or custom action. And the entry "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" appears in "Add or Remove Programs".
0 Kudos
ChristopheOce
Level 7

Hi,

sorry but on the prerequisite tab there is only setup prerequisite for dotnet 2.0 x64 or IA PLATEFORM NOT for plateform x86 !!!!

I have installshield 2008 edition prenium

All right, in release tab i can add the dotnet 2.0 in my setup (from source media) that's work but THE PROBLEM IS NOW this setup (net framework 2.0)will be start (install) on plateform vista ONLY and IF IS NOT PRESENT !!
And i don't find how to place a condition for to install the dotnet 2.0

I think system search and custom action will be the best way !?
can you confirm me !?

Thanks for your time
Christophe
0 Kudos
dandraka
Level 3

You don't need a system search. Adding it to the setup (from the release options) should be ok. The prerequisite will find out if it's installed or not, and behave accordingly.

sorry but on the prerequisite tab there is only setup prerequisite for dotnet 2.0 x64 or IA PLATEFORM NOT for plateform x86 !!!!

Maybe you haven't downloaded it ? You should select "Prerequisite download" from the IS menu.
0 Kudos
jcpohusk
Level 4

I had to build my own prereq for .NET Framework 2.0 x86. My setup includes both 32 bit and 64 bit versions as prereqs. The reason I do not use the release settings to get the 32 bit version is because my setup requires the .NET Framework to be available before files are copied because those files get loaded into the GAC and my setup uses gacutil.exe to remove the previous versions.:)
0 Kudos
dandraka
Level 3

jcpohusk wrote:
I had to build my own prereq for .NET Framework 2.0 x86. My setup includes both 32 bit and 64 bit versions as prereqs. The reason I do not use the release settings to get the 32 bit version is because my setup requires the .NET Framework to be available before files are copied because those files get loaded into the GAC and my setup uses gacutil.exe to remove the previous versions.:)

So ? Just get the installer to reboot the system after .NET is installed if necessary --I think the property is called Delay reboot or something.

The files copy procedure happens long after .NET is installed.
0 Kudos