cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

how to know a particular component is installed or not?

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to know wether a particular or all the components is installed or not?

Note: Other than verbose is there any other way?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Perhaps you're looking for the Installer Function Reference (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369426(VS.85).aspx) - in particular, see under System Status Functions.
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your replay... I am unable to use some functions like MsiEnableLog(), MsiEnumComponents()....
compiler is throwing an error as "error C8025: 'MsiEnableLog' : undefined identifier"

My project type: Installscript MSI 2009

Can you tell me how can i use these functions???
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

MsiEnableLog isn't actually useful from within an installation (except perhaps from an InstallScript installation acting as a bootstrap for a Windows Installer installation), so that's at least part of why it's not declared for you. You can declare your own dll calls, and use UseDLL to enable their invocation. There should be plenty of information on that over the web.

Saying a bit more about your motivation may help as well; if the component is part of the installation you're currently running, there may be a better way than MsiEnumComponents.
0 Kudos