cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredliu
Level 5

how to invalid the merge module

hi all,
I get a task about handle a merge module in installshield, the merge module is that install mysql server to the user machine, now I want to add a option in installshield for user if install the mysql server(the merge module),if i choose "do not to install the mysql server",how i should do in installshield.

thanks your help in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
LaserVision
Level 4

I guess you added the Merge Module to the Redistributable list. Below that list you see "Conditional Installation" which means that the selected item - your MySql merge module - could be bound to selected feature. Therefore I would suggest to create a feature for the Merge Module, either which can be seen in the feature list dialog or via a checkbox on a different dialog which should change to installlevel of the feature to deselect it.
0 Kudos
fredliu
Level 5

Thanks your help, in my installshiedl ,there have already included a feature for the Mysql Merge Module,and can be seen in the feature list dialog,but when i install the installer, i donot want the Mysql to be installed, how i should do, and another question,"Conditional Installation" there have a feature about Mysql Merge Module,there are any different when i check and uncheck the Mysql feature, thanks

LaserVision wrote:
I guess you added the Merge Module to the Redistributable list. Below that list you see "Conditional Installation" which means that the selected item - your MySql merge module - could be bound to selected feature. Therefore I would suggest to create a feature for the Merge Module, either which can be seen in the feature list dialog or via a checkbox on a different dialog which should change to installlevel of the feature to deselect it.
0 Kudos