Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaldor29
Level 2

fatal error -6416: Internal build error

Everything is successful while building my project until:
Started signing 8FE4.tmp ...
ISEXP : fatal error -6416: Internal build error
Express\DVD-5 - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

I cannot find any information on this error on the web or in the forums.

I formatted my computer and reinstalled and still get this error.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GrantK
Level 7

Here is no mention of this error in the errors and warnings section.
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/installshield21helplib.htm#StartTopic=helplibrary/IHelpBuildErrors.htm

It looks like it occurs in the signing section. Try removing the signing to see if you are able to build. If you are then try to sign outside of Installshield to see if you can do this. Installshield uses a 3rd party tool to sign packages. (signtool.exe or signcode.exe)

Grant

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/installshield21helplib.htm#StartTopic=helplibrary/IHelpReleaseDigitalSignature.htm
"Digital Certificate Files

When you sign your installation and your application, you must use one or more digital certificate files. These files are used to generate the digital signature. Two options are available:

Option 1—.spc and .pvk Files

When a certification authority issues you a digital certificate, they provide two files:

• Private key file (.pvk)
• Software publishing credentials file (.spc)
The .pvk file is typically associated with a password.

InstallShield uses Signcode.exe to digitally sign your files with your .pvk and .spc files according to the settings that you configure on the Signing tab in the Releases view. The Signcode.exe file is a Microsoft tool that is installed with InstallShield in the following directory:

InstallShield Program Files Folder\System
To learn more about Signcode.exe, including its command-line parameters, see the Microsoft Web site.

Option 2—.pfx File

As an alternative to using the .pvk and .spc files to digitally sign your installation and your application, you can use a personal information exchange file (.pfx). The following tools enable you to create a .pfx file from a .pvk file and .spc file:

• PVK2PFX.exe—This is part of the Windows Platform SDK, and it is also included with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
• pvkimprt.exe—You can download this PVK Digital Certificate Files Importer tool from the downloads area on the Microsoft Web site (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=F9992C94-B129-46BC-B240-414BDFF679A7&displaylang=EN).
The .pfx file is typically associated with a password.

InstallShield uses SignTool.exe to digitally sign your files with your .pfx file according to the settings that you configure on the Signing tab in the Releases view. The SignTool.exe file is a Microsoft tool that is installed with InstallShield in the following directory:

InstallShield Program Files Folder\System"
0 Kudos