cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lurean
Level 8

error 6552 during build

I have a basic MSI project that I recently made some modifications to using IS2010.

Now when I build it I get 8 files that are throwing an error 6552 "The file key could not be synchronized with the previous package because that file key is already in use."

The 8 files throwing the error have not changed since the last time I successfully built this project, but have changed since the previous package. Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this or how to fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lurean
Level 8

I figured out what caused the issue, and had to use the direct editor to fix it.

The files in question had been removed from the project and re-added due to a change in the application that was using them. When this was done they were given different file keys that were similiar to each other because the filenames begin the same. When it tried to synch up with the old keys it found other files in existance with the file key that matched the old entry in the previous release. Using the direct editor to set the file keys to match the same files in the previous release eliminated the error.
0 Kudos