downloading large files and other installers from a URL during installation
I have as InstallScript MSI project which contains several large files to deploy and some large tools (.exe ) to run on conditional bases. I would like to download them from a server URL during the installation if needed instead of always packing them and making the installer too large to be downloaded.
I tried to include them as prerequisites but prerequisites have present on the build machine and consequently included in the installation package.
Thanks in advance.
Re: downloading large files and other installers from a URL during installation
Hi @chorti10 ,
Can you give a try using Web-Release ?
- You can use release wizard to explore this option
- Enter/fill the required information on Release Wizard
- Choose release type of web
- Type the URL from where you want to pick files for installation
- Select cab specific configuration to proceed with
- Build the release and install