cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

directory resolution problem

I am having some issues running command lines in the installer as CAs (don't even get me started on how bad a design this is, but I have to work with the junk the developers give me to work with).

So, I am trying to run some command lines as CAs. For working dirctory, I use [WindowsVolume]. The installer doesn't seem to complain about this property being used as the installation location for a component, but when used in the CA this way, I get this error:

"Error 2727. The directory entry [WindowsVolume] does not exist in the Directory table."

Does the property get reset at some point before the CA runs? Is there a better way to accomplish this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Please ensure the Working Directory does not include square brackets; it should just be the Directory name you would like to use:
WindowsVolume

If this is not the issue, can you confirm that WindowsVolume is present in the built MSI's Directory table?
0 Kudos
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

Well, I tried it with and without brackets.

I must assume the value appears in the MSI, since I have components that are being installed to it (and I've verified that they do get installed), however I am using this as my measure since I am building this as a setup.exe (have prerequisites in the project). The problem only seems to occur when I use WindowsVolume as the working directory for a custom action.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I would recommend running full MSI validation against your built MSI package. If the package checks out, there should be no ICE03 errors or any other errors reported on the CustomAction table, Directory table, or sequence tables.
0 Kudos