cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrahma
Level 6

directly install without prompt

How can directly go to the install progress page without prompting the user for any Next..Next then close immediatelly after completion?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

Basic MSI project type, i'm guessing?

simply remove (or "condition out") dialog sequences from your UI sequence if you don't want them to run.
0 Kudos
jrahma
Level 6

yes Basic MSI.

more explianation plz...

you mean just keep the Installation progress dialog?
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

sorry for the delayed response...i just realized that my email address was out of date.

Under the "Cusom action and sequences" view, expand the "Installation\User Interface" tree. For each dialog node set the condition to "0", or simply remove it from the sequence altogether (i'd recommend setting the condition to "0" at least until you've tested the whole thing), or set it to a condition based on something settable from the command line (if that's what you'd like.)

This is not typical in installations because we usually want to present at least one dialog when a setup exe is clicked...just in case the user happens to click it accidentally. In this case, you'll probably want to use the InstallWelcome dialog or the ReadyToInstall dialog. Then just modify it so that it makes sense to the user. Alternatively, you could probably schedule a Set A Property CA that will set [UILevel] = 3 prior to any unwanted dlgs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

As per help (also I tried) CA can’t set the UI level,

snippet from help;
You should use the UILevel property to determine the current user interface level. You cannot call MsiSetInternalUI from a custom action and it is not possible to change the UI level property from within a custom action.
0 Kudos
jrahma
Level 6

I think you are right...

It's better to display the welcome dialog to prompt the user just in case....

I will try it and let you know....
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

Thanks for the tip LP! Learn something new everyday 😮 I thought i'd done this is an earlier project, but i was really just setting a public property to the initial value of UILevel since the actual value of UILevel was changing between the UI and EXE seqences, and blah blah blah... I'll stop justifying my existence, now.

Glad i provided at least one solution that would work. :cool:
0 Kudos