cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPTechnology
Level 3

best way to setup prerequisites/redistributables?

A while back my company tried to setup a new machine to transfer our IS2012 license to.

It seems like it is a really big hassle to get all of the .prq files necessary and to get them in the right place. Even installing all of the IS2012 prerequisite installation packages that we could find (“InstallShield 2012 Prerequisites”, “InstallShield 2012 Prerequisites for .NET”, etc), is far from sufficient, which made me wonder if we are missing a step.

1. Is there an easier way to get all of the necessary pre-made .prq files besides opening each individual .ism project file, going to Application Data > Redistributables and right clicking to pick “Download All Required Items…”.

2. It seems like all .prq files, including ones that we create ourselves, are required to be in the C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012\SetupPrerequisites\ folder, which makes it easy to forget about moving them and difficult to keep them under revision control with the project to which they belong. I did some searches and found a couple of topics, but they seem to only talk about how to specify a relative path to other files inside the .prq files. Is there a way to specify a relative location to .prq files inside the project itself?

Thank you,

Dennis Martin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

1. You can download installations for all of the redistributables from the Flexera Software Product and License Center. For instructions, see Download and License Overview for InstallShield.
2. You can store the .prq files in custom locations. The Specifying the Directories that Contain InstallShield Prerequisites help topic explains how to specify the paths where you store them. You can include path variables such as ISProjectFolder or ISProjectDataFolder in the path that you specify.
0 Kudos