cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coJeff
Level 6

XML File Changes

I was trying to use the XML File Changes view to edit a xml file value to a path that the user defines during installation. The xml file changes view lets me set it to a string table variable. Is there a way to edit the value during runtime. I've tried some of the example code around but havent been able to get that to work. I wrote a small function myself that looks for the line and then edits the value. This works fine but if I have to edit other parts of the xml file then it will fail. It would be nice to use the xml File changes view with setting a value during installation.

I'm using IS 2011 and this is a InstallscriptMSI project.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

0 Kudos
skolte
Level 7

Please take a look at this thread. I had posted a sample (UpdateLicense.zip) a while ago that updates xml config file.
0 Kudos
coJeff
Level 6

skolte wrote:
Please take a look at this thread. I had posted a sample (UpdateLicense.zip) a while ago that updates xml config file.

Skolte, I actually found that thread but I wasn't able to get it to work. It could be because of my lack of understanding XML encoding. I tried several things but none of them updated my xml file. I'll have to take another look at it when I'm in a crunch. Thanks!
0 Kudos