cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arkheos
Level 3

Write Wow6432Node

I have a basic MSI Project targeting to x64;1033 Template Summary, all component are set to 64-bit component and INSTALLDIR is set to PrgramFiles64Folder.

I have imported a reg file into Installshield Registry view, but all data aren't written in Wow6432Node.

What's wrong please ?

Thanks a lot
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Not applicable

You will find ISRegistryComponent(default) componet in your Components view, set to 64-bit component.
0 Kudos
arkheos
Level 3

Thanks for your replay, but I already set component ISRegistryComponent(default) to 64-bit component as I told it in the first message. But nothing.

What's wrong please ?

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

That's the way it is supposed to work. Wow6432Node is for 32 bit applications on a 64 bit machine.
0 Kudos
arkheos
Level 3

You are right; That's the way it is supposed to work. But in my cas, it doesn't work and I don't know why... I have set all but nothing. Is it possible to write values in WoW6432Node Registry with InstallScript Function ?

Can you help me please ?

Regards
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

What I meant is that the way it is working for you now is the way it is supposed to work. Things only get put in the SysWow6432Node for 32 bit apps on a 64 bit system. If you have selected 64 bits for the app then the SysWow6432Node is not applicable.
0 Kudos
arkheos
Level 3

I appologize, but I don't understand what you mean. So, what I need to do ? DIsable 64-bit component ?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Probably, if the component is for 32 or 64 bit machine then you should not specify that it is a 64 bit component.
Then any registry entires for it that go in HKLM\Software will be redirected to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node on 64 bit machines.
0 Kudos
arkheos
Level 3

@rguggisberg

Thanks for your help, this seems to be the good way, but now, I have an error telling that I don't have suffisant permission to write into registry Wow6432Node... Even If i'm administrator of the local computer.

What's wrong please ?

Thanks a lot !
0 Kudos
arkheos
Level 3

Ok, I removed the Wow6432Node in the Basic MSI Projet and everything works fine !

Thanks for your help rguggisberg !
0 Kudos