cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jose_Melendez
Level 3

Without uninstall the the previous one...

I want to know, how I can install a msi setup already installed in a client machine, without uninstall the the previous one.

Is possible? :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

If you are asking if it is possible to install multiple instances of a product on a system, only the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield include support. To learn more, see Installing Multiple Instances of Products.
0 Kudos
Jose_Melendez
Level 3

Ok.

I can configure my installshield project, to unistall the previous version automatically, before install the new version?

Thanks...:confused:
0 Kudos
Jose_Melendez
Level 3

I need to run a setup program in a client machine, like I do in the old versions of InstallShield. In the old versions, I run a setup program, without uninstall the previous version.

Any help?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry, I'm not quite sure that I understand what you need to do.

Do you want to create an installation that does the following?

• If the target system already has an earlier version of your product, the new installation uninstalls the old version automatically and then also installs the new version.
  • If the target system does not have an earlier version of your product, the new installation behaves as a first-time installation, and it installs the new version of your product.

If that is what you want to do, you need to use the Upgrade Paths view to specify the earlier version of your product and create a major upgrade. Here are links to a few help topics to get you started:
0 Kudos
Jose_Melendez
Level 3

Correct. That's what I want to do.

Ok, I will check the links. 🙂

Thanks,
0 Kudos