Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyankachauhan
Level 3

Windows Server OS Check in Installshield

Jump to solution

Hi, 

As per project requirement, we will not be allowing the installation of our product on Windows OS version less than or equal to Windows Server 2012.

Supported OS version are Windows Server 2016 and above.

Please help me to identify where should I add the OS version check.

Thanks,

Priyanka Chauhan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Server 2016 and latest OS versions are added in latest IS version, you need to upgrade installshield version to get latest options, else you need to write your own customaction to check the OS version  and sequence it before installing main application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

May i know what is your project type, Basic MSI, or installscript MSI or installscript?

We have option available under platform filtering field to select supported OS in installscript project, and we have Project assistant tab, we can select support OS for Basic MSI project type. Refer attached screenshot.

You can also use installscript to check OS version, please refer below help link

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/LangRef/LangrefSYSINFO.htm

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I'm using Install shield 2015  & Basic MSI Project. It has these many options as attached in the image.

Best Regards,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Server 2016 and latest OS versions are added in latest IS version, you need to upgrade installshield version to get latest options, else you need to write your own customaction to check the OS version  and sequence it before installing main application.

0 Kudos