cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GStrait
Level 4

Windows Add/Remove Programs Problem

I'm running InstallShield 2009, I created a major upgrade for my InstallScript MSI project. My project installs on Windows 2000 or later. It installs OK but after install the previous version still appears in the Windows Add/Remove Programs list as well as the new version. Can anyone tell me why that might be? Did I make a mistake in my IS2009 project?

Seems to happen on all versions of Windows my product installs on.

After installing my upgrade and seeing both the old and new in the Add/Remove Programs, if select to uninstall the old version, it just disappears from the list without anything else apparent happening.

Note that my major upgrade project is converted from an earlier version of InstallShield.

Thanks for any help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Was the hotfix provided in Q200007: InstallScript MSI Runtime Problems applied when building the 2009 project? If not, and if the project already shipped, it would be necessary to perform a "manual" major upgrade (detect if the product is installed through script and manually launch the uninstall string with "/uninst" appended to the command line).
0 Kudos
GStrait
Level 4

The project has not shipped and I applied the hotfix and it appears to have solved the problem.

Thanks again Josh!
0 Kudos