cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carryr
Level 5

Windows 7

😞 Hi all!!

I have a little problem. I have an basic msi installer, that the first thing is to check that exists some registry keys. It works ok on xp and 2003, but I tried it on windows 7 and 2008, and even the key exist, it displays a screen saying there does not exist.
I have executed the msi with administrator user, so I have permission....

Any idea???

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
weakness
Level 6

Sorry.It's not information you want...

But,InstallShield 2008 does not support Windows 7 environment...

Q211638: INFO: InstallShield and Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 Support
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalID=Q211638

Earlier Versions of InstallShield

InstallShield 2010 supports the Release Candidate for Windows 7; versions of InstallShield earlier than InstallShield 2010 do not support Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Using older versions of InstallShield may not have problems on these operating systems; however, InstallShield versions released prior to InstallShield 2010 have never been tested with Windows 7. Using older versions of InstallShield with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 is not officially supported.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

I believe these are 2 separate unrelated topics.
weakness wrote:
But,InstallShield 2008 does not support Windows 7 environment...
Shooting in the dark... is it possible that xp/2003 are 32-bit, and Win7/2008R2 are 64-bit?
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

i have a very complex installation that works on windows 7 just fine. if it's 64bit then you'll have to be careful which section of the registry you are searching...also, be sure that if your software doesn't support 64 bit, that you check for that condition in your install conditions.

also, starting with vista, you have to make sure you are elevating your privs before writing to the registry. does your installation require admin privs? are you doing your registry modification in deferred execution in system context? if you aren't, then it won't work.
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

Sorry for the delay, was problem of privilege
0 Kudos
syedmahasan
Level 3

Hi I have been facing the exact same issue and trying to resolve it over the last two weeks. Can you please tell me what privileges are the problem. I am already working in an administrator environment.
0 Kudos