cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to place a uninstall of a second msi CA

Hi.

Our main product is installing two msi packages but I having problems uninstalling the second msi when uninstalling using Add/removing programs.

How I made it.

When installing the main msi the second msi is copied to the support folder and installed using a custom action in the Sequences->Installation-> User Interface

The action is running MSIExec.exe /i [SUPPORTDIR]\.Common.Reporting.msi /qb

When uninstalling the main product i want to run another CA that are running msiexec /qb /x {E5638861-2888-40f7-A73A-485FD10877DA}

My problem is that it only works if I'm clicking the MSI and choose Remove.
If I'm using Add/remove programs nothing happens. It seems that the User Interface sequence is not used att all when using add/remove program.

Where should I place the Uinstall CA to be able to run it both then using the msi and Add/remove program?

Best regards,
Jens
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Hi Jens,

To do something like this, it sounds like you've got the action in the right place, it's just a limitation that the UI sequence is skipped on the "Remove" button.

Typically, people get around this by forcing users to only use the "Modify" button to remove the install in Maintenance mode and disabling the "Remove" button.

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the quick answer.

I will try it.

Best regards,
Jens
0 Kudos