cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlexeraFan
Level 5

Where is the "Preparing Setup" dialog defined?

Jump to solution

In my InstallShield Setup.rul file I am changing the header banner using the DialogSetInfo command. Changing the header banner works for all dialogs, except for one. See the attached image of the dialog box I am talking about, the title is "Preparing Setup". So where is this "Preparing Setup" dialog box defined at, as I don't see it defined in the dialog boxes InstallShield provides you?

Also pretty much immediately after the begin statement in Setup.rul I am calling the DialogSetInfo command, so I am confused why it would not change the header banner of the "Preparing Setup" dialog box? Below are the first few lines of my Setup.rul file to illustrate what I am talking about. As you can see the first dialog box I display is the SdWelcome dialog box.  So somehow installShield is calling the "Preparing Setup" dialog box first and not changing the banner image?

function OnFirstUIBefore()

begin
   beginDialog :
  Dlg_SdWelcome:

IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME ="Customer Purchase Installation";
  Sprintf(IFX_SETUP_TITLE,SdLoadString(IDS_IFX_FORMAT_SETUP_TITLE), IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME);
 SdInit();
 DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE,"C:\\ImgPath.bmp",TRUE);

szTitlle="Customer Purchasing Installation";
 szMesg="Please press Next to continue the installation";
 SetWindowText(hwndDlg,"Purchase");
 nResult= SdWelcome(szTitle,szMsg);

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

"Preparing to Install" dialog is being displayed by the bootstrap launcher and, thus, it does not appear in the project in the InstallShield Dialog Editor. And there are no InstallScript or MSI settings backing up this dialog.

Perhaps using the 'Small Initialization Dialog' (Media-->Releases-->Product Configuration -->Release--> under Setup.exe Tab ---> Small Initialization Dialog to Yes) would be an alternative for you.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

"Preparing to Install" dialog is being displayed by the bootstrap launcher and, thus, it does not appear in the project in the InstallShield Dialog Editor. And there are no InstallScript or MSI settings backing up this dialog.

Perhaps using the 'Small Initialization Dialog' (Media-->Releases-->Product Configuration -->Release--> under Setup.exe Tab ---> Small Initialization Dialog to Yes) would be an alternative for you.

Hello, thanks for the information, but I can't see where you are directing me? I am using IS 2016 Premier.

Now in the menu I see the "Go" menu option, and under that is Media-->Releases. If I click on that I get a help page on Creating and Building a release, but I don't see any Setup.exe tab that you wrote in your post? So can you give me more information?

Your instructions:

0 Kudos