cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

Where is IFX_SDxxxx strings?

Hi,

I would like to change texts of some IFX_SDxxxx strings in my InstallScript (no MSI) project, but I can't find where the strings are.

For example, I want to change IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_TITLE and IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_MSG1, but I can't find them in any of the .rul files in the project. I searched IS help, and it can't find the title either. I suspect there might be some InstallShield files that hold the strings, but where are they?

The mentioned strings are used at the end of OnUninstall() like:
// Show final dialog.
if ( BATCH_INSTALL ) then
SdFinishReboot( SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_TITLE), SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_MSG2), SYS_BOOTMACHINE, "", 0 );
else
SdFinish( SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_TITLE), SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_MSG1), "", "" , "", bOpt1 , bOpt2 );
endif;

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

These strings are contained in the InstallScript resource files (_isres.dll). Since there is no support method of changing these strings in _isres.dll, the recommended solution would be one of the following:
- Override the strings in _isuser.dll. The string IDs are stored in \Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Script\ISRT\Include\_isres.h
- Store custom strings in the project's string table and load these instead of the standard strings
0 Kudos
peterbi
Level 7

Thanks for the information.
0 Kudos