cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmsams
Level 7

Weird Windows Installer Error

Our techs are reporting a problem installing our product at version 3.0 on a fresh machine (but not on a major upgrade of our product going from 2.9 to 3.0).

The error:
“Error 2919. No cabinet specified for compressed file: advmicr.ttf.”

This is a font file that we have used for years and have not changed. 2.9 is being built with IS 2012 Professional and 3.0 is being built with IS 2012 Premier on separate machines.

I have also tested this on a local test machine and cannot duplicate. If you have any ideas or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

I attached a picture of the error as well as a screen shot of my component in both of my versions of my product.

thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
nmsams
Level 7

I have learned that I couldn't duplicate it on my test machine because my machine already had the font file installed.

I found a machine that caused the error. When I installed the font file manually, then installed my version 3.0, it worked without error.

So why is my install not installing the font properly?

The error occurs on both 32 and 64 bit machines and so far have seen it happen on Windows 7 and Windows 2008R2 machines.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

A windows installer log would be more helpful. What happens if you perform an administrative install. Does the font get extracted?
0 Kudos
nmsams
Level 7

Here is the windows installer log file.
0 Kudos