cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austin2359
Level 6

Want a custom action to skip if installer is called by "uninstallapplication()"

Is there a way to detect that an installer was called by another installer, using the "uninstallapplication()" command, and skip a custom action inside that second installer?

The only thing I can think of is reading and writing registry/ini files as to alert the second installer that the first installer called it using the ua() command.

Is there a better way to pass this information, and thus effect the custom action logic of the second installer.

Whether I do this by an if statement or an "Install UI Condition" does not matter to me.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
austin2359
Level 6

I'd be satisified to even know how to detect that two installations are running at once.

Ideally I'd know the function used to launch the second install, but I'd be happy just to know the total number of installs taking place in windows. Where can I get that, so that a custom action can operate a conditional?

Is there a way to do this without looking at the task manager?
0 Kudos
austin2359
Level 6

my final resolution was just to have one installer create registry entries while it runs, and have the other read them and not execute certain parts based on if statements.
0 Kudos