cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Dority
Level 6

WaitOnDialog

This thing seems to update the dialog for the user. Is there another type of object that can be used that does the same thing except it doesn't return a value or wait for user input?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For InstallScript projects, there's the miniature SdShowMsg dialog box; or else possibly the combo Enable(STATUSEX) + SetStatusWindow + (sometimes) StatusUpdate...
0 Kudos
Daniel_Dority
Level 6

Thanks Robert while that suggestion didn't work, I was able to find a resource which does exactly what I need.

This script creates a window and sends messages to it and creates a progress with increments at amounts that I specify.

I need to see how this thing works in a loop, but damn dude I can now finalize my method in C# and pass status updates and percentage in a way that I envisioned.

It is brilliant! Simply Brilliant!

Reference to what I mean:
http://helpnet.acresso.com/robo/projects/DevStudio9HelpLangref/LangrefSetStatusWindow_example.htm

One thing that wasn't in there was to call Disable(STATUS); at the end to release the pop up.
0 Kudos
Daniel_Dority
Level 6

As an update, I've multithreaded my installer and I was successfully able to pass back status updates along with percentage updates back to the installer without a note of hanging or not responding issues.

This progress bar works like a charm!
0 Kudos