cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jophyjob
Level 4

Visual Studio 2012 has stopped when building InstallShield Setup ?

Hello All ,
When i build new installshield setup for my WPF / .NET 4.0 application it give error message -6213 Internal build error or stops vs 2012 . The solution have 37 projects ( including WPF and SL ) .

I see one link (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9236777/internal-build-error-with-installshield-2011-le-within-visual-studio-2010-wpf) as this linke say we also using prism . same error is happening , link is old (feb 2012) is any progress in that error . Because we now using Wix, main reason to switch to InstallShield is Dependency Scanning option . The solution link specified telling to disable it , is any other option to do this ?

with regards
jophy
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

As this error is specific to .NET dependency scanning, the only known workaround currently is to turn off the .NET dependency scanning functionality as mentioned in below kb article:
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q109089

As a workaround you may try adding dependent files manually :

Please follow below steps:
1>Scan for dependencies - right click project primary output, select Dependencies from scan at build.
2>You will see the dependencies you will have to manually add, indicated by a red icon,unchecked them so you could get rid of the -6248 warnings(if any shown)
3>Then (yes) manually add the dependencies you identified above in the step 2.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
jophyjob
Level 4

Hello chiranjeevi,
Thank you for the answer. Sorry for late replay . Do you have any idea when this error will be fixed .

With regards
jophy
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

jop,

I scan for .net 4.5 and don't get that error. It installs 4.5 on my target computer with no problem. I won't install SQL Server Express but that is a different issue. I tried InstallShield Professional demo and I did get a similar error. I never got an answer so I uninstalled InstallShield and started looking around for install solutions that actually work.
0 Kudos