cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattQVI
Level 8

Visual C++ 2010 redistributable failure

I have an install (built with IS 2011) where one of the prerequisites (Visual C++ 2010 redistributable as provided by InstallShield) is failing to install at a customer site. After further investigation, it appears that there is a SP1 for this. So what is happening is that the older version is trying to be installed and fails for some reason (and according to the customer it's not very graceful).

How can I modify IS2011 Visual C++ 2010 redistributable install conditions to get around this?

Better yet, how come Visual C++ 2010 redistributable SP1 isn't available in the list of InstallShield provided redistributables?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield 2011 shipped before Microsoft released the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributables. The following KB article explains how to obtain these redistributables:
Q212592: INFO: Support for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and .NET 4 Update Redistributables
0 Kudos
pcampion
Level 2

I think the KB article answered my question already: "These redistributables are compatible with InstallShield 2011, as well as previous release of InstallShield, and can be included in Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, and InstallScript projects."

Thanks.

I see this is marked as a solution for InstallShield 2011. Will it also work on InstallShield 2010? I have the same problem on that system, and probably not much possibility to upgrade to InstallShield 2011 anytime soon.

Thanks.
0 Kudos