cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Visibility conditions not working in Suite / Advanced UI project

Visibility conditions don't seem to work in my Suite / Advanced UI project. At the InstallationComplete page I have a control that should be visible only during the initial installation. The documentation states that

Mode: This type of condition ties the visible state of the control to the mode in which the Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI installation is running. Available modes are install, remove, maintenance, modify, repair, and stage. For example, to show the control if the mode is install, enter the following statement:
{Mode install}

So I have the Visible property as {Mode install}, which according to documentation should be visible in the install mode. However, the checkbox is visible also at the end of the uninstallation regardless of whether I start the removal straight from the control panel or launching the installer again and selecting Remove from the maintenance view. How could I hide the checkbox in scenarios other than the initial installation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
IlkkaV
Level 7

Apparently the {Mode install} syntax doesn't work, but seems like {Binding MyProperty=MyValue} still works. So I have a workaround for this, but it would be good to have the documented {Mode install} syntax work so I wouldn't have to set additional properties.
0 Kudos
Eric_Vanlaeken
Level 4

Hi,

How do you set the property then to MyValue in case of a first installation and to AnotherValue in case of remove or update?
Thanks for answerring...

Greetings
Eric
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

Eric Vanlaeken wrote:
Hi,

How do you set the property then to MyValue in case of a first installation and to AnotherValue in case of remove or update?
Thanks for answerring...

Well if it's needed only in an installation with UI, then e.g. {SetProperty MyProperty=MyValue} in the action field for the Next button at the InstallationWelcome dialog and {SetProperty MyProperty=AnotherValue} in the action field for e.g. the Modify button at the MaintenanceWelcome dialog should do the trick. Not the prettiest solution, though.
0 Kudos
Eric_Vanlaeken
Level 4

Here I have another trick.
You can not edit it in the User interface of the Suite authoring tool but you can add it with a simple text editor right inside the .issuite file.

Add this and the property "Updating" will be set to "Yes" when the application was allready installed and to "No" when this is a first installation:

Later on in the Wizard, you can bind this property to the visibility of a control or even skip some dialog boxes.
May be I can help someone with this.
Good luck,
Eric
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I realize I'm waking up an old thread here, but I wanted to mention that both of these things have easier approaches in InstallShield 2013 and later. The conditions used in the UI have been normalized such that you can use a Mode condition on a control, and the new Events view allows scheduling conditional actions outside the UI that can set properties or run exe files, etc. Events and actions offer an alternative approach to setting conditions on regular properties that cannot be seen in the IDE, and the normalized conditions should remove the need for it described in this thread.
0 Kudos