cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishchalp
Level 2

Virtual folders created under Applications

I just migrated from Install Shield 12 to Install Shield 2009. After migration virtual folders created on the IIS web server stopped working. The .ism files are same as they were with IS 12 except the changes done by IS 2009 to make it compatible with the current IS version. Now it doesn't work on any OS like XP, 2k, 2k8, vista. I hope I had not upgraded.:D
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
nishchalp
Level 2

Can anybody reply to this post.:D

I have "Default Web Site" with port number 80 and web site number 1. Under that web site I have created a virtual folder "MyVirtualFolder" that should be created like an application and has its own application pool.

Virtual directory points to a folder to the same machine and has required permissions.

The same setting was working in Install Shield 12 and after migration, it stopped working.
0 Kudos
bobmcm
Level 5

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm running into a similar problem, and have found that part of it is that the new Virtual Directory is not setup as an application directory (Actually, it seems that non of the IIS configuration information is being done.)

Thanks,
Bob M.
0 Kudos
rasky74
Level 6

We had a similar problem when upgrading from 2008 to 2009. In the end we removed all our IIS components and created them from scratch. There were a few enhancements in this area for 2009 so we figured the tables didn't upgrade properly.
0 Kudos
bobmcm
Level 5

Thanks for the response, unfortunatly, this was not an upgrade, this is a brand new installation. I've been fighting this for several days now, and I'd hate to have to start from scratch.
0 Kudos