cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reddragon105
Level 3

Variable compression rates?

Sorry if this is a newbieish question, but can you change the rate of compression in InstallShield 2009? I've created an installation that I'd like to burn to disk, but unfortunately it's only just slightly too large to fit onto a disk (by about 100mb) and that's with the 'compress all files' option selected. There are absolutely no files that I can remove from the installation so to get it onto a disk the cab files would have to be compressed a bit more. Is there a way of doing this? I've looked through all the options in the menus and can't see the option, but maybe I'm missing something.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project? If MSI, the last panel or so of the Release Wizard has an "Optimize Size" setting that might do the trick.
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Try giving 9 for "compressionlevel" in \Support\0409\Settings.xml. It may help.
0 Kudos
reddragon105
Level 3

Thanks for the replies. It is a Basic MSI Project and I have selected 'Optimize Size' on the last page of options before building.
I will try changing the compression level in Settings.xml. As the project is DVD5 size I'll create a test project using a small selection of files and try building them into installers using varying compression levels to see how much difference it makes.
0 Kudos