cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmy1981
Level 3

VS2012 & InstallShield LE with Crystal Reports

Hi, I have posted this question at a Visual Studio forum, but got adviced to post it here..

I'v upgraded from a Win7 32bit with VS2010 to Win7 64bit with VS2012.
Since the "old" Setup Project doesn't exist anymore, I figured out the InstallShield Limited Edition. This is ok when creating a setup for a windows form, service, ...

However, I'm having problems now when creating a setup of a windows form containg a Crystal Report. I did the following test to rule out conversion / reference problems from an old VS2010 project

1) created a new VS2012 windows form project
2) added a Crystal Report Viewer (I installed the Crystal Reports Developer version first - CRXI is also installed)
3) compile & build the project = ok, no errors or warnings. So I know the references, ... are ok.

Then, I have added a InstallShield Limited Edition project
1) added the projects output from the windows form
2) compile & build the project -> gettings stuck on the text below and giving me +1000 warnings (saying it can't files that are used in the report, like previous.gif, ...)

getting stuck on: "merging CR11_NET_EmbeddedReporting c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\Crystal11_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msm"
warings like: "Warning 66
-7205: Skipping file AFDashboardPage.dll.E8FDE94B_B033_42E3_88D3_4DB63695BBAE due to unmerged or missing component AFDashboardPage.dll.E8FDE94B_B033_42E3_88D3_4DB63695BBAE in merge module..."

I searched the web, and saw I needed to add the Crystal Reports dependencies under "2) Specify Application Data - Dependencies". I marked the CR11_rdc_runtime and/or the CR11_NET_EmbeddedReporting -with keycode (installed locally).

Now, I'm getting these warnings (I can't read the file names - it's running to fast): "skipping file...due to unmerged or missing component (seems these are Crystal Report files)."

After this, it says "rebuild all succeeded" as if everything is ok.

When I create a setup of a windows form without Crystal Reports, everything runs fine. So I'm sure it has to do with the CR merge module. I checked the file location, the .msm file is there, it's (re)installed, .... Even the CR redistributable package is installed.

Finally, I uninstalled all the Crystal Reports redistributale packages, the Crystal Reports XI package, the CR developer version (so everything concerning Crystal Reports). Then, I have installed the Crystal Reports Developer version and the redistributable package (x64) again

Now, the setup project builds almost fine. "Only" giving 5 warnings. However, I don't think all are related to Crystal Reports - but can't seem to get them fixed (u2dpost.dll, u2dmapi.dll, libc.dll, Flash32_11_8_800_175.ocx, crpe32.dll)

Is this issue related to a corrupt installation of the CR redistributable package (however, I'v uninstalled it before) or maybe this way of working isn't good practice?
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

The issue might be because of the corrupted installation, so kindly download the Redistributable Package(Crystal Reports) again and re-install. Try building the Setup again.

Please let us know if this did not help. Meanwhile we shall look into the issue for any further information on the same.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
mmy1981
Level 3

Chaitra,
thanks for the reply. As you suggested, I uninstalled all the redistributables, packages, ... before and installed them again. There are no more warnings, except for 5 (u2dpost.dll, u2dmapi.dll, libc.dll, Flash32_11_8_800_175.ocx, crpe32.dll). But the setup project seems to build correctly, and the install seems to work.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Thank you for the update on this issue. Warnings can be ignored, as it does not hamper the process of building the setup.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos