cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paml_3434
Level 3

User Interface - Dialogs

Jump to solution

I've inherited a Install Shield Project and I haven't worked with Install Shield since early 2004.  A lot has changed I can see.  The project I have has 2 Dialog Boxes for Logging in to SQL Server.  The names of the dialogs are SQLLogin and SQLLogin1.  SQLLogin is an older dialog box for older versions of our software and SQLLogin1 is the current Dialog Box.  I am trying to determine: where in Install Shield does it determine which dialog box to show to the User.  Both of them are listed as Visible but I don't know where to look to discover where it's determined which one to show.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
rguggisberg
Level 13

You can have any number of Dialogs and they are not all necessarily used as you can see.

Go to Dialogs

Click on 'Behavior' for one of your dialogs (DestinationFolder is probably the one you want)

In the Behavior panel (to the right) click on 'Next'

Look at the last pane on the right. There you will see that the last event is probably 'NewDialog'.

The value in that field is the dialog that you will go to on click of Next.

You may have to look in other Dialogs if your dialogs have been modified.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

You can have any number of Dialogs and they are not all necessarily used as you can see.

Go to Dialogs

Click on 'Behavior' for one of your dialogs (DestinationFolder is probably the one you want)

In the Behavior panel (to the right) click on 'Next'

Look at the last pane on the right. There you will see that the last event is probably 'NewDialog'.

The value in that field is the dialog that you will go to on click of Next.

You may have to look in other Dialogs if your dialogs have been modified.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos