cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vigorvick
Level 4

Usedll() fails to load

Hi,

I'm porting a Installshield 2.01 project to IS 2008. The usedll function fails to load after porting it to IS 2008. I have checked the path, the path is fine and the dll exists in the path. Does any one know the cause or is there any limitation? Please help.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Could you post the specific code that fails?
0 Kudos
vigorvick
Level 4

No big deal here,

if (0==UseDLL(szDll)) then
g_nRet = nisoppep.ApiDoInstall(hMSI);
Sprintf(g_szMsg,"DoInstall returned %d",g_nRet);
else
g_szMsg = "DoInstallUpdate: Unable to load nisoppep.dll";
g_nRet = -1;
endif;

I suspect that the version of the created dll is obsolete that it is not supported, can it be the case?
0 Kudos
usmanjamil
Level 5

vigorvick wrote:
No big deal here,

if (0==UseDLL(szDll)) then
g_nRet = nisoppep.ApiDoInstall(hMSI);
Sprintf(g_szMsg,"DoInstall returned %d",g_nRet);
else
g_szMsg = "DoInstallUpdate: Unable to load nisoppep.dll";
g_nRet = -1;
endif;

I suspect that the version of the created dll is obsolete that it is not supported, can it be the case?

I hope you are not trying to load a 64 bit compiled dll on a 64 bit platform, coz that Installshield does not support that. I haven't tested my Installer on a win2k8 32bit machine but I've had same problem with UseDll on a 64 bit platform.
0 Kudos
vigorvick
Level 4

Hi Thanks a lot to both of you, the issue has been solved.
0 Kudos
dhclark
Level 2

Hi, vigorvick,

Your last post says that the problem is solved. How did you solve it? I am having a similar problem and would like to know your solution. I want our customers to have the best experience, and don't want to load them down with lots of overhead and prerequisites. 🙂

Thanks!

Dave
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

ditto here. is it true that you can't load a 64-bit dll using UseDll? how, then, shall i load a 64bit dll?
0 Kudos