cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbjs2010
Level 2

Upgraded Install script project does not create IIS Web Application

I migrated a InstallShield 12 install script project to InstallShield 2010 (Version 16 SP1). I added a new IIS application. When I tried to install, the (IIS) application is not installed on 2003, 2008 (or Windows 7).

Where to start debugging this? The feature/component "shows" as installed in log file.

Thanks for any input.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KrisVanherck
Level 6

I've had issues with upgrading installers with websites from 12 to 2010.
If you add something like a new VDIR or application under a website that was already in the 12 version it doesn't install.
I've found the best way was to remove anything in the IIS view that was there in the 12 after the upgrade and then add them new again.

If you have done this and still isn't working look in the verbose logging for "InitIISObject" and "ISIISInstall". It's logging specific for websites and will have more info then the feature or components
0 Kudos
rbjs2010
Level 2

Thanks KrisVanherck

I did not have IIS component before, it was added after upgrade. None the less I tried your suggestion (removing components and re adding) does not help.

How to you get "InitIISObject" and "ISIISInstall" logs? It is InstallScript project (not InstallScript MSI)?

- Thanks
0 Kudos
KrisVanherck
Level 6

u need to use verbose logging, it should contain logging for those custom actions, if they don't that would suggest that the website isn't added to the setup

verbose logging is created by this command line
setup.exe /v"/l*v C:\setup.log"
0 Kudos