cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liberybell
Level 4

Updating the system PATH environment variable

I have read everything about how to update the system PATH environment variable to figure out how I can add the path of my application to it. And I can't understand exactly how to do this on a basic MSI project.
In one particular thread they talk about the "environment variables view", which I don't know if it is referring to the 'path variables' view or the table 'environment'.
It seems that the place to set this system environment variable is on the 'Path variables' view, by creating a 'environment' variable, but I am still confuse about how to set the variable to update its value.

Any light you may throw at this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe you'll want the System Configuration > Environment Variables view, appending [INSTALLDIR] to the PATH environment variable.
0 Kudos
liberybell
Level 4

http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?p=415133#post415133
On this thread they refer to the 'Environment variable change view' is that the same that the 'path variables' view?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

No, the Path Variables view is for variables that represent paths to source files on a build system; they exist only at build time, and not on an end user's system.
0 Kudos
liberybell
Level 4

RobertDickau wrote:
I believe you'll want the System Configuration > Environment Variables view, appending [INSTALLDIR] to the PATH environment variable.

Man, the snake has killed me at least a billion times 😛
Thanks Robert, my problem was that I had the System Configuration not expanded so I couldn't see the 'Environment Variables' option.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos