cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kflanagan
Level 3

Updating an old install and Redistibutable Microsoft Chart Control 6.0 is not in 2014

Hello,

I am updating an older install (actually several) from 2012 to 2014 (A MS update broke something and they all need rework) and noticed that Microsoft Chart Control 6.0 was no longer available as a redistributable. (Yes I know MSChart is not great, I have been trying to get the dialog that uses it removed from our products since 2007, just running into marketing inertia, stubbornness).

So does anyone know a way around this? Can I get redistributable added back in, download a package from Installshield to add it back? Thoughts?

I realize I could go the non-kosher route of just including mschrt20.ocx to our install and it would work, but I really want to do this correctly.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Evan_Border
Level 8

kevin-rf wrote:
Hello,

I am updating an older install (actually several) from 2012 to 2014 (A MS update broke something and they all need rework) and noticed that Microsoft Chart Control 6.0 was no longer available as a redistributable. (Yes I know MSChart is not great, I have been trying to get the dialog that uses it removed from our products since 2007, just running into marketing inertia, stubbornness).

So does anyone know a way around this? Can I get redistributable added back in, download a package from Installshield to add it back? Thoughts?

I realize I could go the non-kosher route of just including mschrt20.ocx to our install and it would work, but I really want to do this correctly.

Thanks

InstallShield 2013 deprecated and removed the following .msm merge modules:

COMCAT.MSM
COMCT232.MSM
COMCT332.MSM
COMCTL32.MSM
COMDLG32.MSM
DBGRID32.MSM
DBLIST32.MSM
MCI32.MSM
MSADODC.MSM
MSBIND.MSM
MSCHRT20.MSM
MSCOMCT2.MSM
MSCOMCTL.MSM
MSCOMM32.MSM
MSDATGRD.MSM
MSDATLST.MSM
MSDATREP.MSM
MSDBRPTR.MSM
MSDERUN.MSM
MSFLXGRD.MSM
MSHFLXGD.MSM
MSHTMPGR.MSM
MSINET.MSM
MSMAPI32.MSM
MSMASK32.MSM
msmask32_X86.msm
msmask32_X86_ENU.msm
MSRDC20.MSM
MSRDO20.MSM
MSSTDFMT.MSM
MSSTKPRP.MSM
MSVBVM60.MSM
MSWCRUN.MSM
MSWINSCK.MSM
PICCLP32.MSM
richtx32_x86.msm
SYSINFO.MSM
TABCTL32.MSM
tlbinf32.msm
VB_Control_mschart_RTL_X86_---.msm
VB_Control_mschart_RTL_X86_ENU.msm
Vfp7HTMLHelp.msm
Vfp7Runtime.msm
vfpodbc.msm
vfpoledb.msm
wdstddll_wim32.msm

I have attached a .zip file with the MSCHRT20.MSM merge module.
0 Kudos