cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thorsten
Level 2

Update File Costs

Hello,

currently I'm working on a setup project based on Installshield. The setup project itself is a basic msi package.

During the setup process im going to install a compressed file on the file system, which has to be extracted. Therefore the installation needs more space on the local file system as windows installer calcualted. Therefore I'd like to update the file costs for a specific component in order to reflect the needed space.

Regarding to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368593(VS.85).aspx I have to update the costs during the CostInitalize and the CostFinalize Action. There seem to be methods to retrieve the costs for components (MsiEnumComponentCosts). What I'm still missing the possibility to update the installation costs. What Method / Ability can be used to archive this?

Thanks in Advance
Thorsten
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You can use the ReserveCost table, exposed in the Direct Editor view. The MSI help topic "ReserveCost Table" describes what to put in the different fields, essentially just the component, target, and amount of space to add...
0 Kudos
Thorsten
Level 2

The ReserveCoste Table was the missing puzzle piece.

Thank You
0 Kudos