cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohini
Level 3

Uninstallation from ADD/REMOVE Programs does not work in 2008

Hi,

I have converted 6.31 installshield project of my product XXX to installshiled 2008 and have done the install build. I see that installation of the new build works fine but the uninstallation fails. When I say "REMOVE" from ADD/REMOVE programs, it throws the following message in a dialog box,

"An error occured while trying to remove XXX. It may have already been uninstalled.
Would you like to remove XXX from ADD/REMOVE programs list?"

When I say YES for the above prompt, it just removes it from ADD/REMOVE programs list but does not uninstall the product.

Can someone please help me resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Rohini
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Happy_Days
Level 7

Is this just one machine or all the machines? Did you try to debug the uninstall from InstallShield project?
0 Kudos
rohini
Level 3

Hi,

I see that 2008 installation is not creating the "{GUID}" folder under "Program files/Installshield Installation Information" directory. Due to the absence of this folder, the uninstallation fails.
It works fine in 6.31 installation.

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Rohini
0 Kudos
rohini
Level 3

In continuation to my previous post.....

I see that when I converted the project from 6.31 to 11.5, every thing works fine, the unistallation process works well i.e., {GUID} folder under "InstallShield Installation Information" directory was created successfully during the installation process.

The problem seems to be specific to 2008 version upgrade only.

Can someone please help me resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Rohini
0 Kudos
Happy_Days
Level 7

Unfortunately i do not have the old versions of InstallShield to try this, but can you create another project in 6.31 with some dummy files and convert with InstallShield 2008? I bet if you reach out to InstallShield Tech Support, they will ask the same questions. So give this a try and see if this issue is your project specific.
0 Kudos
rohini
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I created a sample project in 6.31 and converted to 2008. The uninstallation is working fine as "installshield installation information" folder got created during installation.

What might be the reason for this folder not getting created when I converted my product's project to 2008? Any suggestions to fix this?

Strangely, as I mentioned before, When I convert the same 6.31 project of my product to 11.5, everything works fine.

Thanks,
Rohini
0 Kudos