cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neplan_Admin
Level 4

Uninstall does not remove some files

The unistall process does not remove some files. Most are removed.

Attached is the installer.log and the uninstaller.log files

Can you see something?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi giatgen_cott,

Files which are not removing are coming from only specific component and always the same files are left behind on uninstall?

Could you please check specific component setting permanent is not set to YES. If its set to YES change it to NO and then try again,

0 Kudos

it is set to no, see print screen

Thank you!

0 Kudos

..and the files are linked (without the primary file, NeplanApp.exe (see print screen)

0 Kudos

strange I have other components  which are done the same way (Remove Folder).

What do I need to specify (see print screen) for the files?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Yes you can use wild card as well as you can use the file name as well to remove it.

You already have file removal added this component and still its not removing on uninstall?

0 Kudos

Thank you it removes the files now.

Another question: I want the cab and msi files included in the setup. With the trial version that was the case. now  with the activated version the files are separated (see attachment).

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi,

Great! Good to hear it works, 

On creating a single exe issue, you need to set the compression filed in Build tab under release should be compressed, 

Once you set it to compressed, you will get a single compressed exe file,

Please refer attached screenshot for help.

NOTE: If you are  using visual studio for building the project make sure you have selected proper release(which is set for compressed) in configuration manager, 

0 Kudos

Hi 

Thank you, unfortunately I do not see where I can it to "Compresss". It is disabled?

0 Kudos

... adn I use the Build.proj  to compile and generate the setup.exe 

0 Kudos

Ok, I found it when I run the release wizard I can set it. Do you recommend t include the Windows Installer 3.1?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Great! that you found it, including windows installer 3.1 its up to the user, if you are not targeting only windows installer 3.1 you can ignore this no need to include.

Specify whether you want to include redistributables for Windows Installer 3.1earlier.

Note: This setting applies to redistributables for Windows Installer 3.1. For information on different methods of adding various versions of Windows Installer redistributables to a project, see Adding Windows Installer Redistributables to Projects.
Refer the help link for including 3.1 windows installer.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/ReleaseGridSetupTab.htm

Please make it as solution, so that it will be helpful for other users.
0 Kudos