cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMahadevan
Level 2

Unable to modify the installation location for set up file using Installshield projec

I am using Visual studio 2013 for developing an application that I planned to deploy using InstallShield Limited Edition. I created a new InstallShield Project, went through the set up process in "Project Assistant". In the "Installation Interview" tab, I selected the "Yes" option to allow users to modify the installation location of the application. Built the project, copied the set up file from the "SingleImage" folder.

When I am installing the application and change the installation location, it is not installing in the modified folder location, it always installs in the same installation location. Tried modifying various properties in the Installshield project but none were useful. Please let me know if I am missing anything.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

When you look at the Specify Application Data > Files view, did you place the files in a folder that has the [INSTALLDIR] property next to it?
When you change install location, the path in this property gets changed. All other locations will not be affected.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I have seen this happen if you have a 32 bit application and you were trying to install it to a 64 bit windows location.

On a 64 bit version of Windows C:\Program Files (x86) is the default 32 bit location and C:\Program Files is a 64 bit location.

For 32 bit applications, if you try to install to a 64 bit location Windows will redirect it to the 32 bit location

Is this similar to what you are experiencing ?
0 Kudos
DMahadevan
Level 2

Thanks kyi, your suggestion helped me solve this issue 🙂
0 Kudos