cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspencer
Level 4

Unable to load InstallShield Objects

I am attempting to migrate my project form InstallShield 12 to InstallShield 2008, the project type is InstallScript.

I have downloaded and installed the "installshieldinstallscriptobjects.exe" object from the Macrovision web site.

When I try to build my project I get the following error:

Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): FeatureName\New MFC 6.0 Runtime1, FeatureName\ New MDAC 2.8(ODBC, OLEDB, ADO, RDS) 1. (Error Code 125).

These two objects are shown under the InstallShield Objects section as:
MFC 6 Runtime, Version 4.00 Version Created by 14.0
MDAC 2.8 (ODBC, OLEDB, ADO, RDS), Version 4.11 Version Created by 14.0

If I attempt to add one of these (or any others), I get the following error:

The object "x" could not be insered, you may need to reinstall the object in order to use it.

I have tried reinstalling and am still getting the same error.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
MarkEarle
Level 6

sspencer,

Has anyone addressed this for you? I am having the exact same issue but with the Visual Basic 6 Runtime Files object. There are some threads on this but they do not seem to help.

Is anyone from Macrovision working on this?

ME
0 Kudos
sspencer
Level 4

I have logged a support issue with Macrovision but I have not heard anything back from them yet.

I'll update this when I hear back, but in the past the majority of my issues seem to go unresolved with Macrovision and I am forced to find a workaround.

Hopefully, this one will be solved or someone on the forum will offer suggestions, but there has been nothing there to date also.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

After you install the newer objects for the current version of InstallShield you need to swap the old objects with new ones in your projects. Since you can't do this due to your second error, that would explain your build issues.

That said, I think I remember experiencing a similiar issue with my objects a while back and the solution was to correct a missing registry for each object. This information can be found under HKLM\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\14.0\Objects\Pro. Unfortunatly I can't remember what version of InstallShield had the problem, nor can I remember what key was missing. I hope this information might help point you in the right direction.
0 Kudos
MarkEarle
Level 6

Thanks,

After searching around the community some more I found the following post;

As some people have noticed InstallScript objects do not work in beta 1 (i.e.) if you try to insert an InstallScript object into a project you may get a message indicating that the object could not be inserted.

To avoid this problem:

1. After installing the product, locate the file "ISSetup.dll" in the InstallShield 'system' folder, typically "C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System".

2. Copy this file to \InstallShield\Objects, typically "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Objects". (This folder should already contain DObj14.dll and ismk14.dll)

3. Close and restart the Ide (if open), objects should then work correctly.

Note: It is not necessary to reigster this file in any case. Also, don't forget to remove this file manually after uninstalling the Beta 1 product.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
InstallShield, A Macrovision Company

Unfortunately it did not work and I have IS2008 Premier. However it is has pointed me to a possible issue. I don't have the DObj14.dll and ismk14.dll files in the location stated. I have all the versions that were used with IS Pro 7 to IS Pro 11.0. These applications are still installed and should not interfere with each other. That was the explanation when I was beta testing. I am hoping Macrovision can explain this.

Cheers,

ME
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

I had this same problem earlier today. I have posted about it here: http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=178690 , but will repost:

I am still having issues with the .NET script object, however. I tried removing the object and re-adding it in the IS12 IDE, and was getting an error about inserting it into my project and needing to reinstall it. I downloaded the Install Script Objects installer from here: http://saturn.installshield.com/is/1...iptobjects.exe and did a repair. That fixed being able to re-add it in the IS12 IDE. I am still getting an error from MSBuild:
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Macrovision\IS12\Macrovision.InstallShield.
targets(63,3): error : 125: Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): DotNet20\New MS .NET Framework 2.0 Object 1

Note that I have a feature called DotNet20 that has the script object in it.

-Ben
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

Note that my issue was with IS12, and it only fixed the inserting bug, not error 125.
0 Kudos
kennethx
Level 2

I have a Error 125 as well.

I have InstallShield 12 - Pro Edition

My project was upgraded from version 9 Install Shield, and compiles just fine under InstallShield 12 application.

However, when I try to add the InstallShield project to my Visual Studio 2005 solution I get the following error when compiling:

InstallShield Script Compiler
Version 12.0.0.58849
Copyright 1997-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Compiling...
Setup.Rul
Linking...
Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Generating RC file: _ISUser1033.rc
Building dialog 12053
Building dialog EnterNumInst
Built 2 dialogs into resource file: _ISUser1033.rc
Building RES file: _ISUser1033.res
Compiling resource DLL: _ISUser.dll
Loading Object: DefaultFeature\MFC Runtime ...
ISDEV : error 125: Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): DefaultFeature\MFC Runtime
D:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12\IsDev.exe\125
Automatic update notification disabled
SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
0 Kudos
MarkEarle
Level 6

Well gang,

It seems like we are the small fish in a very big pond here. I would return IS2008 if they allowed it because of this issue. As it is, it looks like I will be downgrading to IS11.0 or looking at Wise because there doesn't seem to be any help here.

Thank you all for your replies and good luck. It's a pity as I usually defend IS but they have let me down. 😞

ME
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience so far.

The communities are not an official support channel and you are not guaranteed to recieve support for your issues. If you need support from Macrovision, you are encouraged to contact support directly at 847-413-2896 or e-mail support@macrovision.com for further assistance.

The developers and support engineers that provide assistance on this forum can't resolve or answer every post despite the fact that we would love to.

I would encourage you to contact support directly if you continue to experience issues and we will gladly assist.
0 Kudos
kennethx
Level 2

If I go to the redistributable tab and select no for MFC, the project compiles in VS2005, however, the application does use MFC...so not a good option.
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

I have this working now, I don't remeber exactly how it was resolved, but I think it was an issue using the install shield canned MSBuild tasks.
0 Kudos